Evan T. Miller is counsel at Bayard. Evan concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate bankruptcy and restructuring, representing preference and fraudulent transfer defendants in addition to debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, secured creditors, and asset purchasers in bankruptcy courts across the country. Evan has been recognized by Super Lawyers® magazine as a Delaware Rising Star in the practice area of business bankruptcy. In addition to restructuring matters, Evan has experience handling commercial litigation in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania jurisdictions, as well as Delaware Statutory Trust matters. Evan is also a certified mediator for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and is included on the Register of Mediators and Arbitrators maintained by the Court.
Evan is very active in the tri-state legal community, currently serving as Chairman of the Turnaround Management Association NextGen Philadelphia chapter (whose scope covers the Philadelphia metro area, the state of Delaware, and southern New Jersey), Assistant Secretary/Treasurer of Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, and as an executive board member of the Business Law Section for the Philadelphia Bar Association. Previously, Evan served as Chairman and Treasurer of the Delaware State Bar Association’s (DSBA) Young Lawyer Section during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 terms respectively, Vice Chair of the Bankruptcy Committee for the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Division for the 2014-15 term, and Chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Committee.
Evan currently serves as one of two member contacts for Meritas, an invitation-only international alliance of over 175 business law firms located in over 80 countries. Bayard is the sole Delaware member of Meritas.
For more on Evan’s background, please click on the Bio link below.
Bayard, P.A., a Wilmington, Delaware-based firm, has nationally recognized practices in business restructuring & liquidations, corporate and commercial litigation, intellectual property, administrative law, securitization and structured finance. Other established practices include entity formation and governance, family law, real estate, insurance, tax, and estate planning and estate administration.
Bayard’s business restructuring & liquidations attorneys:
- have a long history of providing services in bankruptcy cases to troubled private and public companies, trustees, lenders, boards of directors, purchasers and official committees of unsecured creditors, equity holders and retirees.
- have participated as lead, local or conflicts counsel in many significant bankruptcy cases in the Delaware Bankruptcy Court and across the country over the last three decades.
- are very experienced in state court insolvency proceedings, including assignments for the benefit of creditors, dissolution proceedings, receiverships and insurance company rehabilitations/liquidations.
- are familiar with and appear regularly in the State of Delaware Chancery Court.
- are adept at out-of-court restructurings and dispositions of distressed assets.
- represent clients across a broad spectrum of business sectors including energy and utilities; financial services and banking; chemical; manufacturing; insurance; automotive; airline; transportation; professional services; communications; tourism; municipal; retail; construction; packaging; technology; electronics; healthcare; media; fast food and real estate.
- routinely present and write on matters concerning all areas of business restructuring and insolvency.
Click here for more information regarding Bayard’s business restructuring & liquidations group.